Friday, June 5, 2009

ra rump pa pa pom...

Well, big munchkin was in another concert last night and he played his little drum great. I guess the sad part is watching him afterwards. When the 8th graders were on the stage playing their song, the 6th graders (my sons grade) were all off to the side dancing.

big munchkin refuses to dance.

At one point, the kids were all clapping in unison, and I know it makes big munchkin uncomfortable.

But I love watching my kids interact. So I had both eyes glued to big munchkin as to see what he was going to do. It was pretty clear that he was uncomfortable, but I can see him watching the other kids having all this fun clapping to the beat.

And then for the first time, in history, the kid slowly lifts both hands and started to clap to the beat with the other kids.

He stayed in the back by himself, no one was paying any attention to him, but even if it was only for 10 seconds, it was an amazing thing to witness.

It really is hard to see him try so hard to fit in. But for him to at least try to fit in....I was so proud of him.
Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. That's great...he already is fitting in by playing in the concert...how are you doing with finding a school for him? Will he be in High School in Sept.?

    Hey John..did you see land of the lost yet? Remember that show and pufnstuf...witchie poo...
    I didn't know it was the same producers that did both shows...
    Kathleen

    ReplyDelete